Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Return of Ryan

I love to blog about my favourite music musicians. Some of them are just extremely good and people just fail to take notice, or maybe it's the my taste of music. There's a two way arguement. Anyway, I'm stuck with my ANTM (Next Top Model) post as my description at the moment would put anyone to bed, so I'm working on it. And since ANTM is longer as exciting as before, it contributes to lack of expression in the some of my words. But it should come soon.
So back to the musician part, this artist has not released an album since 2005 so it has been a long wait from a fan like me. He is one of my favourite musicians, Ryan Cabrera!!
After releasing two albums before in 2003 and 2005 , he is finally out with a new one called The Moon Under Water, released on 13 may 2008. It's definitely been a month full of new stuff, didnt expect it.
Well, he claimed it's his best work so far. So here came of his biggest fans, eagerly listening to the album. Firstly, the biggest problem of all............BIG PROBLEM. Who is this!
The picture I first saw wasn't with any captions. I was wondering why the hell is this guy's picture doing on Ryan Cabrera's page (probably some lyrics page). After looking closer for at least 10secs, I was like OMG.......it's him. How can that be him. What happen to the other Ryan.
Where are you man!

So to the music, I haven't thoroughly listened to it. But my first impressions on some songs have let me down on a few occasions , hopefully not this one.
The album starts of with Between The Lights, which really sounds quite fresh, somewhere he hasn't really touched before. Then all I could remember except for Say, most of the front songs all have the beat in them like the first song. The last few songs are the slower ones and they are quite nice. And it ends with I Will Remember You , which was released last year but this one has a different tune than the one released previously.
Rating based one listening to it once. 8/10. His voice is exactly the same, I just think he tried to improvise on his songs and trying something new. Some songs have very attractive beats, but no recommendations yet. As I say in all my posts, "Catch the album when you can".

~deyao~ is falling stupid for the song "Fool" and the singer.