Monday, May 19, 2008

Marie Digby in 1U

Didn't expect myself to be blogging about her for this many times. But really, an album which impresses me this much plus watching her perform LIVE twice in 5 days , I think there's quite a bit to talk about. So here I went to her free showcase on 14/5/2008. Thanks to Loon Hung for accompanying me to the event after long uni hours, or else I don't think it would that great. Well, Marie being a 'leng lui' convinced him to go, so I had no problems persuading him to go with me.haha!
Here's the advert for the event.

My goodness the grand prize was there up for grabs, meet and greet passes....thats like unbelievable. However, consolation only for me, I'll take it any day. Saves me some cash too.
The event apparently was going to start at 8pm so I was telling Loon Hung , we need to be right in front , so by 6.50pm we were there, on the 3rd row. Well 1 hour plus wait wasn't gonna be bad, but all the pre-event activities dragged it all the way till almost 9 until it started. We were like waiting forever and standing so long, the crowd was mad and everyone could barely move.
So things finally kicked off, shutterbugs as usual raised their cameras like crazy, the screaming was deafening .
So here are some photos from the event. I sourced most of them from around people's blogs and flikr pages cause their pictures were so much clearer with their high tech gadgets and becoz most of them have special zone passes which are so near. So credit to all the photographers.
Here's the a shot to show the entire stage. Btw, she brought her guitarist , Lance.


You could see she was pretty excited being in Malaysia the first time and playing in front so many fans. She kicked off obviously with her hit single "Say It Again", which probably the crowd's only song they fully knew.



Marie tuning it up! No short of enthusiasm at all.


Marie performing "Stupid For You" on the piano. The song which portrays her tough time of asking guys out.Haha!



Marie did a lot of communicating with her fans. I think she complained many times on our "lovely" hot weather.



Marie performing her emotional "Unfold" and "Beauty In Walking Away". Those so called fans were like busy taking pictures, and I couldn't see another person singing along. I mean this are her "it" songs. You could really feel the meaning of the songs when she sings them.



She gave a lot in her performances, but sadly I could see many of those fans not knowing what song she was singing . Cameras make no mistakes, she is that beautiful! She also sang Fool (my current fav) and her song for Gap, Paint Me In Your Sunshine.



Close Up!


Working her fingers on the guitar! She closed the showcase with her trademark song, Umbrella. She pleaded to the crowd to sing along, well I think many of them only knew the "ella-ella, under my umbrella" part. Lol.

The closest I got, when she was walking to her autograph session. Luckily she had I huge bodyguard.


I'll try to get pics from loon hung if possible and would upload them if they are good. So here's the 1 of 2 review by me. Next would be her DeepRockDrive online concert which was held 3pm in Las Vegas, so it was 6am on Wesak Day for me. Nevertheless, I had some screen shots and hopefully I could get them up soon. Hope you liked the pictures.

~deyao~