Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Delighted Fan

Ryan Cabrera has done at least one of his big fans proud. His new album is a "HIT", to me at least.
The new cover, it should at least show his face. But his new style of hair, poses many questions......
Reading wikipedia, his album sales were a mere 4000 on the first week, and it dropped out of the top 200 lists as well. Maybe it's probably lacking up-to-date fans and maybe they are mostly based in the US. I would say, in terms of tracks for a place int he billboard, there are at least 3.

Wake Up World, Ryan's back! Some would say , Ryan Who? The others would say I don't like that guy. The better answers form some would be , is he that guy who sang "True"? Yes, it is!

I've listened to it many times, I would stand by the 8/10 rating. The album has a lot of Ryan I haven't seen, a little rockier, and the lyrics are simply different. I am very happy with the album.
Songs that I recommended
1) In Between Lights -
The song has a bit of Ryan's previous "Hit Me With Your Light kind of style. The beat of the song would get anyone going.

2)Enemies -
There's a pharse called keep your friends close , keep your enemies closer. Ryan's pharse - Keep your enemies close and your lovers closer. This is going to be his 2nd single after "Say". Thumbs up!

3) Say -
His first single. Very attractive tune and the chorus is obviously "Say what you wanna say", like John Mayer. Chorus is very plain, the verses are nice.

4)Sit Back, Relax -
Good chorus . Shows the rockier Ryan.

5)Tango - Another song a nice chorus, has the beat as well.

6)How Bout Tonite ,Say You Will and I Shoulda Kiss You - The slower ones which use to fill most of his albums. I got a bit impatient as the previous songs were so quick.

7)I Will Remember You - Seems like a parting song. Probably one of the only songs that really stand out.

Very sorry, I almost recommended every track, but it's the truth, if you like his kind of music, you'll love this. 3 long years I wondered where he went, really happy he's back.
I'll leave it with the "Say" music video, enjoy!


~deyao~