Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Queen of Country


The one person that made me really understand Country music, Carrie Underwood. She's almost forgotten since the album Some Hearts in 2005. I too almost let slip one of the artists I really adore since I heard that album. She is really the only American Idol who has the right to tell Kelly Clarkson to step aside. Yes, I know, the Breakaway album is historical , totally! FIVE hit singles in ONE album, it's not hard to tell.
Ranging from Breakaway, Since You've Been Gone, Behind These Hazel Eyes, Because of You and Walk Away. It's not hard to say she's the most successful Idol ever.

But with one album since her crowning of American Idol, Carrie's album is equally impressive. Of course country music may not be the "thing" for the people today, but people who really followed her journey would know she's more than just an American Idol.
I simply loved her Some Hearts album, it is absolutely good, unless your'e expecting some "Since You've Been Gone" beat.
14 songs of brilliance I would say, and one of them has been on the Billboard charts for 60 weeks in a row.
Among the superb ones:
Wasted - Great lyrics, i got no summary for this...

Don't Forget to Remember Me - Meaningful lyrics, remembering family while aborad.

Jesus, Take The Wheel(Great!) - Stunning song, describing the guidance of Jesus.

Before He Cheats - Very very unique song, great video as well, what happens when a guy cheats on her.

Starts with Goodbye - Very good chorus, beautiful lyrics, doesnt have a story though

I Just Can't Live A Lie - Similar to Starts With Goodbye, powerful vocals.

Whenever You Remember - Probably my favourite, remembering "us"

I Ain't In Cheecotah Anymore - From country girl to a city girl.

Inside Your Heaven and Independence Day - I'm running out of words to describe....Independence Day is pretty sad.


And the new single "So Small" which should be signalling probably a new album?
A winner of Grammys , a visitor to Africa and an ambassador for many organizations, this beauty has a long way to go.........

~deyao~