Saturday, March 31, 2007

I lay awake forever on an autumn’s day,
The grey sky just never seem to fade,
He said he would lift it away,
And he made it darker than a no moons night
Oh what a fool I was to bestow my heart upon his,
A woman’s love not a gift nor a curse,
The heartbeat that brings out the symphony of its own.
The song no one but I have embedded in my mind.
Broken record it was to stop in midway and have me repeating
I see myself with you, the life I dreamt to have.
You see me a past in your back, a burden that knows no rest.
And so we part and my dreams shatter twice,
One of despair, another of foolishness,
Time snatches away his promise of love,
I wish to have it play again with the price of a soul unrest,
Tell me you love me then take it back,
The day I learnt what life is was when my cries heed no ends,
Loneliness welcomed me into light,
It’s only right it welcomed me back into the dark.
Whisper to me softly, it will be all right.
And I will only live when my first cries die.


-Yinn