Saturday, July 5, 2008

Bubbling Talent

I recently realised I've been really into new artists, first it was Sara Bareilles, then it was "the" craze Marie Digby , now it's Colbie Caillat and Taylor Swift. Only girls? kinda realized that too... There's definitely plenty of male singers coming through, but I probably I haven't got any on my list. So after a week of Colbie Caillat's Coco album, I am again thoroughly impressed. Yea as we know, we've heard Bubbly too many times on any radio station, and people especially me are kinda sick of it. Then there's Realize now playing on the waves which is doing quite well.

As you may know, Colbie, like Marie did get a lot of attention and fans by using the power of the internet. Colbie did it through her MySpace like Marie used YouTube. She has taken off since with her album and she is going on tour like every emerging artist. She is no 'One-hit Wonder' for sure, her album is just wonderful. Previously, all I think when I see her was she is that boring singer who sang the sleepy Bubbly song. How wrong am I? I was off the mark by quite some bit. She is blessed with beautiful vocals and she does instruments too. Writing her own songs as well? That has to catch my attention.



Nice album cover too!

Now to the songs. Most of the songs are the slower types except a few which a quite uplifting. Overall , every song in the album is very distinct and and has a meaning of its own. Many of the songs are quite relatable. When you listen to the song Bubbly, you get the feeling of relaxing . Thats how the songs in this album are, more soothing ones. There's not really much powerful emotions taking over any of her songs, but there are a few which are rather sad songs.

Recommendations- Love to say all, but let's be fair.

1)Oxygen

2)One Fine Wire
3)Feelings Show (fav) Watch It
4)Midnight Bottle
5)Battle
6)Tailor Made


Btw, she also has duet with Jason Mraz, Lucky. It's not bad as well. Jason is one of the most talented performers I've seen , I'll try to get his album. Coco is rated at 8.5/10. I haven't known much about her yet, so the information is a little light. Maybe in the future when I do read more about her. I am quite late on Colbie, she's been out for almost a year and even made it to Malaysia. A little late for me but hopefully there's more to come. Claps for the bubbly singer !!



Pictures!



Another picture.

Private Practice is on its way ! I am again a little late, but at least I am ahead of Malaysian TV.

~deyao~